Monday, February 05, 2007

How we dry our pants

I'm stuck at home today waiting for a package to arrive. Here, they won't leave your package on your doorstep or in the bushes next to your front door like they do at home. Here you absolutely, positively MUST sign. So if you are waiting for your ski clothes to arrive from the states and you happen to not be home when they do arrive, you are screwed. Therefore, here I sit. And, as a result, I am blogging about silly things, like my laundry.

I know that laundry continues to be a theme of my blogs, but I just can't help it because it is now such a huge and time consuming part of my life, that I feel it must be included. The confusion over the clothes line has been resolved, so the other day I decided that I would do a bunch of laundry and hang it on the line to dry. It hasn't rained lately and the day was forecast to be sunny...but I didn't consider the coldness. My laundry stayed out on the line all day and none of it dried. I wish I had thought to take a picture of our socks, underwear, towels and sheets hanging all over our house, but I didn't. The thing I have noticed, though, while peeping into people's windows at night while I walk home from the tube, is that everyone has their laundry hanging all over their houses.

Here is the drying technique that I have found to be most effective:

If you put your trousers (not pants..those are underwear) directly on the radiator, they will be dry in a few hours!

This strategy, the drying rack, takes a little longer.


The women in Little House on the Prairie had it much worse.

No comments: