Sunday, July 29, 2007

Bocce Ball!

We got a Boules set (that's what they call it in England) so today we went out into the sunshine to try it.
Jim shows off his form:

I looked a little less professional. We didn't know what we were doing, had only a vague idea of the official rules, but still had people stopping to watch us as we attempted to hit a very small ball with some bigger, heavy balls.

I got a little distracted halfway through the match (and lost my ability to spell)....

and ultimately, I lost. After which I discovered that I can't do a pull up. (Jim can do a pull up.)

Fortunately, we threw the aerobie without any tree incidents (although it did get stuck in a stroller once) and by the time we got home, I didn't feel too bad about being a bad boules player and a weakling. It was a good Sunday.

1 comment:

jack said...

Best blog on the internet!!