Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dallas

After almost two years, I made it to Dallas to see my friends! It was HOT, but great to see everyone. First stop was to visit Cameron. What a cutey he is!

He was hungry, too! Rachel knew how to handle that!


Then I headed to CI where I made the rounds and saw everyone before we all went to Chuey's. It was great to be back in the old 'hood'! A festive time was had by all at Chuey's. Especially by those who could drink margaritas. I watched the margaritas enviously, but there were no restrictions on enchiladas, so I hogged out on those. I love Tex-Mex and what better place to get it than in Texas, where it doesn't have any weird things added to it (like an olive on top)!


There was no competition when Anissa and I had belly wars. She won hands down. In fact, she had her baby the very next day! I'm glad I got to meet him in the womb and that I got to visit with his mama a little, too!


And then I met the REAL baby: Hitsuguya (I'm not sure I'm spelling that right). This dog was a charmer and his ability to get to food makes Buster look like an amateur. He may have short legs, but he's got a long body and a really long and sensitive nose. I've never seen such counter surfing! But look at that face! He could be forgiven for any silly behavior I think.

I think he might have Susan charmed, too. He's a 70 pound lap dog! I love him!


The next day, everyone stopped by to have some sandwiches and chips and dip and white cake with white icing (like wedding cake...delicious!)and to visit and to meet my ever expanding stomach. Marilu and Carolyn were the first to swing by:

We had a small crowd eventually. I have made a note to myself to take off my giant flip flops when posing for pictures with all my smaller friends. I look like an Amazon woman!

Last, but not least, Andrea stopped by with little Luke. My friends sure do have cute babies--human and canine alike! It was really fun to visit the CI Dallas crew. It's great to have such good friends in so many places!

No comments: