Thursday, October 16, 2008

My talented sister

The other day a package arrived from Kate and Andy with lots of fun little baby gifts in it. There was a tinkling stuffed frog, which Jim particularly likes the sound of, some really fun baby booties shaped like lizards or turtles, a hat with matching booties and a beautiful baby quilt. We were touched by the gift, but when were told by Kate that she MADE the quilt we went from touched to seriously impressed. This quilt is much cooler than anything you could find in a store and Kate MADE it! I'm not sure where she got this crafty gene (maybe from our grandmother?) but she can do all kinds if cool things like make funky costumes, award winning beaded bird houses, and now quilting. I think she could actually start her own baby quilting business and make a small fortune (based on my newfound knowledge of how expensive everything related to maternity wear and babies is). Behold...the quilt! (and stay tuned in a few months for pictures of our baby on the quilt. I'm going to do my best to make sure there aren't any pictures of cats on the quilt before then. The quilt is off limits to cats!!!)

1 comment:

Kate and Andy said...

I rock the free world. I like that frog too. It's got the best bell sound.