Monday, October 06, 2008

Sticker shock

It has rather suddenly come to my attention that shopping in Hampstead is beyond the abilities of my bank account. I seek a pair of black boots, which, around here range in price from about $300-600. I also popped into an innocent looking maternity store where I glanced at the price tag for a simple top--95 pounds (that's about $200, folks!) Looks like I'll be heading to Brent Cross, land of the common man for my shopping needs. How much things cost in London never ceases to amaze me.

On the flip side, I love indulging in freshly baked bread and other such luxuries that we couldn't access in our old neighborhood. The park is incredible and we love our flat, which is bringing us much joy. Who needs boots anyway? And I swore that I wasn't going to buy any more maternity clothes. So, problem solved!

4 comments:

Meg said...

You always have the gap on the high street!

Jim and Claire said...

Actually, Jim and I both made that comment last night. There's always the gap!

Kate and Andy said...

Is the Gap more expensive in London too?

Jim and Claire said...

everything is more expensive in London.