Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Library Weirdos

Lately I've been going to our local library a lot, which is a comforting and frustrating experience. It's comforting because it's in Keats' house and near the Heath and just a warm and cozy place to be. But it's small, so they hardly ever have the books that I want. I do request books through their book requesting service (sometimes they have them at other libraries), but it costs 40p a book--cheaper than buying books, of course, but still....

Anyway, another thing that is always interesting (if not comforting) about the library are all the weirdo library people who hang out there. Today I innocently sat down at a computer to see what books were in house and the guy next to me acted like it was a personal affront and that by my sitting there I was attempting to snoop into his personal computer business. I made a point of totally ignoring him, but he kept sighing and shifting around and giving me furtive and suspicious looks from his computer. He must have been working on something TOP SECRET!

1 comment:

Kate and Andy said...

He was probably doing a top secret blog and didn't want you copying his material and claiming it as your own.