Friday, March 23, 2012

Beach party

I would like to start this post with a picture of our adorable niece Cora, who has been deprived of flashing shoes by her mother, who thinks that they are "tacky." Well, hopefully after seeing the pure joy experience by Cora as she wore Evie's (extremely large) flashing shoes out and about my sister will reconsider!  This girl needs flashing shoes (and probably has some already if I know her Lala)!
Lucky for Jim, sea sickness stops when you get back in the harbor, so after a shower and some grub we were set for the wild and crazy Cabo beach party!  Whoop!  Lucky for us, what happens in Cabo, stays in Cabo (until I put the videos of our really awesome dancing onto this blog).  Yes, we did the Macarena.

As usual, we started the evening off with the kids.  Millie, who naps, was in great form and loving life and dancing on the sand in her stylish boy sandals from Wal-Mart.  Evie, who doesn't nap, was exhausted from a day of swimming, so was barely able to stand upright by the time we got to the beach party.  The great thing about the beach is that there are beach chairs galore on which to deposit your sleeping child while you are imbibing and doing silly dancing to "The Best Rock and Roll Band in Cabo."



Slow dancing with The Shug:

As usual, things were very sophisticated in our little corner of the beach party. 
Millie tried her first Marshmallow...and didn't like it!  (Evie missed out because she was already asleep at this point).
"The Best Rock and Roll Band in Cabo" was actually a lot of fun. And they got better and better with every margarita I drank!
We might not be able to dance very well, but we still have a good time!
Jim sings along while Kate does some weird jump in the picture move in the background (which apparently has an official name).
Unfortunately, since I took these pictures, my dance face was not caught on film, but Jim's sure was!  Andy looks like he's contemplating running away...and Kate was the life of the party!  If anyone should embrace flashing shoes, she should!! 
Cora Sassafrass:
Stay tuned for some funny dance videos whenever I get around to putting them on YouTube. But for now, I leave you with this happy family photo. We should always go to Cabo!

1 comment:

Kate and Andy said...

I think that it's more that I find those shoes to be "annoying". Just because I have a girl doesn't mean I have to embrace all the ugly pink flashy stuff that is pushed at them in the stores. You will be happy to know, however, that Cora has grown into a pair of hand-me-down shoes that are pink with flowers and covered in semi-sparkly sequins, and she wears them quite often and I couldn't care less.