Monday, November 13, 2006

Final Kew Blog

The really wonderful thing about the Kew and also about the London Zoo is that they are very focused on protecting endangered species. The Kew houses the Royal Botanical Society and they are studying all the uses of plants in medicine, daily products, etc. Of course, I ran out of time so I didn't get to really see all of that today. Kate, the scientist, can help me learn when she quits her job and comes to see me.

In this picture, I was recovering from a near altercation with a squirrel. The squirrel jumped from one tree to the next, barely making it to a low-hanging branch, which could hardly support it's weight, thus swinging it in the direction of my face as I passed beneath the low-hanging branch. We stared at each other for a minute and then he scrambled off and proceeded to chew me out, like it was my fault. I was so relieved that I didn't have a squirrel attached to my face, that I decided to take a celebratory picture!
"I'm squirrel free at Kew!!!"
And another picture perfect lake....
I'm sure this place is even more incredible when it's springtime and all the flowers are blooming. The next time I visit, I'll make it to Kew Castle and check out the UK's largest compost pile! Posted by Picasa

No comments: