Monday, November 13, 2006

Kew Gardens Blog #3 (I promise there aren't many more)

The Temperate House is the greenhouse that houses those plants that live in a temperate climate. It is the oldest surviving greenhouse from the Victorian ages and the largest greenhouse at Kew Gardens. And, inside this incredibly old and interesting looking greenhouse is the largest plant in the gardens, which I didn't manage to see, despite the fact that I walked through the greenhouse. By the time I figured it out, I didn't have time to go back. Today they were setting up an ice skating rink outside of the Temperate House. We will definitely be going back to ice skate at Kew Gardens. Those pictures should be pretty interesting...there will be a lot of us splayed out in various positions on the ice.
I took a picture of this royal coy, relative of Mom's giant coy, Moby Dick, who met his death in a pond filter. Maybe he is reincarnated as a royal coy?
Another view of the temperate house.....
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kate and Andy said...

Man! I am so jealous!! I really really really want to go to Kew Gardens when I visit.