Sunday, September 30, 2007

Things you never should say to fourteen year olds

Today we were talking about special people in our lives and we drew pictures of our most important people on the board. The kids wanted me to draw a picture of my most important person, so naturally I drew Jim. That was a mistake. Here is the conversation that followed. One student, who I will identify as C., thrives on inappropriate conversations.

J: Is that your boyfriend?
Claire: No, that's my husband.
C: HOw long have you been married?
Claire: Oh...3 1/2 years
C: Do you sleep with him?
CLaire: Ummm...stammer stammer
C: Do you have SEX with him?
Claire: C!! That is totally inappropriate!
C: What miss...it's natural...he's your husband.
Claire: Beet red and horrified "I sleep on the couch. He snores big time." (Sorry Jim)

SO...I won't be talking about JIM anymore at school. Lesson learned. From now on I'm going to say my most important person is my Mom like everyone else does.

No comments: