Sunday, October 28, 2007

Oh Yeah...the Acropolis


We didn't ride the donkeys, but walked up to the Acropolis on Friday morning. I'm sure I offended many by wearing my running shorts, but I was running low on clean clothes at that point, so hopefully the devout will forgive me.

Jim was much more into the Acropolis than I was, so the historical pieces are going to be non-existent in this account. I was too busy playing with some orange kittens.


Jim peeks over the side of the Acropolis:


ANd standing next to an ancient column:


And me, with the Agean Sea in the background, from the Acropolis:


On your way up to the Acropolis, Greek women lay out their wares (which raise suspicion because they all seem to have the exact same wares). As we walked past I said to Jim, "I wonder if they actually make these themselves or if they are made someplace else." And Jim said, "Yeah, they probably are mass produced in China." He didn't say it very loudly, but a Greek lady heard him and ran after us shaking her fist and yelling "All Greek Design! All Greek Design!!!" Stupid Americans.

No comments: