Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Ode to Summer

I can't wait until the 23rd of July.
When work will be finished and holidays will start.And I can go someplace really hot for a few weeks, so that I'll again appreciate the fact that it's cold and rainy. Because I've lost perspective, sitting here wrapped in a sweater and wearing woolly socks and flannel sweatpants...in July. Gone are the days of being cooked alive in my car at 8am. Gone are the days of the car, actually. Outdoor swimming pools and shorts are a distant memory. As are poisonous snakes, which hang out in said swimming pools. Last year we thought this summer weather was a fluke. Now we know that England is cold in the summer. So a good dose of hot weather in the South will do me good and I'll come running back to the rain and cold and gray of England. Yay! Summer.

1 comment:

Jim and Claire said...

Jim says: You go fry in Louisiana for a few weeks and then come complain about the weather. I could live in this temperature forever!